Skip to main content

Me Made May 2017 Wrap Up + June Plans

It's time for a Me Made May wrap up!

This was the first year I had actually participated, although I vaguely remember seeing it on Instagram last year. My goal this month was to wear at least one handmade item every day. In hindsight that was a little ambitious for my first Me Made May, especially going into winter here in Australia. Yes, May does start to get a little colder and I am a complete wuss when it comes to cold.

Spoiler alert: I didn't end up wearing one handmade item every day. I did, however, start a new plan for the future: prioritize handmade clothes. Other goal? Make more Winter clothing. Since I learned to sew on cotton fabrics, everything I'd already made was lightweight, and not all that great for the cooler mornings. That, and you'd end up seeing the same 4 - 5 skirts over and over again... Here's some of my favorite outfits that I've photographed this month!

A post shared by Christine (@coffee.craft) on

A post shared by Christine (@coffee.craft) on

A post shared by Christine (@coffee.craft) on

Plans for June?
An Archer buttonup in pink flannel, a Vogue V8346 in a gorgeous wool, finishing my Butterick B6390 (review coming up this week!) and my first dress from Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book, in the most gorgeous green cloque. Since I've laid out my pattern for the green cloque, I'm thinking of doing a franken-dress of a pleated skirt with the Sew Over It Betty v-necked bodice. We'll see!

See you on Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…