Skip to main content

Mothers Day Scraps | Colette Sorbetto

Backstory:
A million years ago I'd learned how to make circle skirts with an elastic waistband, so I bought some fabric on clearance (sensing a theme yet?). By the time I got around to making it, I realised I thought it was a bit too old fashioned or not for me. So I made Mum an elastic waisted circle skirt. With lots of scraps left over.

Two weeks ago:
Mothers Day is coming up! Had to make something for Mum. The conditions were: it had to fit on the scraps I had of this fabric and be something mum would actually wear. I hadn't made the new Sorbetto pattern yet and it seemed like the perfect one. I made version 3 (with the sleeves). I also had a Grainline Studio's Farrow dress I wanted to make as well.



Friday before Mothers Day:
Realisation hits that I probably won't get both finished by Sunday. Tries anyway. Finishes Sorbetto.

Saturday:
Realises that Farrow isn't going to get finished. Try anyway. (Fail).



Thoughts on Sorbetto:
Great pattern! Super easy to make, would recommend for a beginner. Because of fabric limitations (see below), I had to edit the pattern, however I cut the pattern at the lengthen/shorten line to make the lower blocks of the shirt. The only other changes I made was to homemade bias bind the inside of the sleeves and the hem of the shirt.

The fabric scraps I started with! (Yes, some of them are parts of a pair of shorts)


Best thing about this? It fits Mum! AND it's not too short! (I was concerned) not to mention, I have extra bias binding and no more of this material left. Woohoo! What did you do for Mothers Day? Let me know below :)
See you next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".