Skip to main content

Glitter, Glitter Everywhere | Shoe Refashion

Word of advice: if you are using glitter, do it outside and several days before the tail end of a cyclone hits your area. This allows glue drying time and comes with the bonus of not having to clean up glitter. Huzzah! (Seriously though, I hope everyone affected by Debbie is recovering okay)

This is a DIY I've done before, (see here and here) and one I will probably do again. Seeing all of the cute sneakers in the shops with glitter or shiny fabric bits on was the inspiration on why I remade these shoes - I wanted those shoes!  Not to mention it was super easy.
If you would like instructions on how I made these, click here! That'll take you back to a previous post with instructions. The only changes I made to this set was only glittering certain parts where I used my finger rather than a paintbrush and cleaning off the extra glitter with a pointy toothpick and then cleaning with a bit of dishwashing liquid and water. (I did give up after a while!)



I saw a picture on Pinterest and thought adding the little charm-y things would (get them out of my stash) be extra cute. However, if anyone can suggest things that I could do with 3 F, 1 M, 1 V, 1 K and 1 T charms, that would be awesome. I am stuck.


Super easy to style as well! They've become my favorite grocery shopping shoes ;)
That's it for this week, see you next week for fabric frustration and math fails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".