Skip to main content

Purple Pegboard Sanity Saver | Pegboard Organisation

In this episode:
Busting my paint stash, busting Dad's stash of random wood pieces.

I've had this tray on top of my fabric trolley to have somewhere to put my scissors, thread and the other supplies I reach for frequently. Problem is, I have a tendency to dump things on flat surfaces. 



After a Pinterest search for how to organise stuff, most of what I liked had to be hung up on the wall, and living in a rental I'm not allowed to make any holes in the wall. Which lead me to the pegboards. It meant I could have everything easily accessed, and if it was the right size I could lean it up against the wall.

So I called my Dad (who is awesome). He conveniently had a piece of pegboard the right size from a project a million years ago (he couldn't remember what it was! I wonder where I get my stashing tendencies from...), so gave it to me.

I cleaned and painted it (there was plans to do more fancy things, but I quite like it for now). The strappy bits to hold up my scissors are made of felt, clipped together with KAM snaps, with buttons hot glued on the front for maximum cuteness. (Also those buttons are great but super flimsy, so there's no way I'd be able to actually use them on a sewing project) My rotary cutter is held on by a strip of velcro.



Since I finished this a few days ago, it has been the best thing ever. I have had to reinforce the hot glue on the back of the felt bits, but aside from that, pegboards are the best. Let me know - how do you store your useful items? Or threads? Let me know in the comments below! Find me on Instagram - @coffee.craft for updates about what I'm up to!

Tune in next week for an animal which makes me insanely uncomfortable but is a good stash bust!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".