Skip to main content

Pintest: Hair bows and "the ultimate office hairstyle"

Welcome (dun dun dun) to my Pintest themed series! In an effort to keep posting regularly while I'm on prac (first day today, yay!), my thoughts immediately turned to a series set of posts, and Pintesting sounded fun.

Today? I'm testing two hair pins which I've had on my boards for ages - the bow bun and "easy" hair for work. For your reference: my hair's just below shoulder level with layers.

First up? The bow bun.

Image sourced from Pinterest

...ok, so I didn't look that glamorous, but this was my result:

Bow bun!

I made a bow on my head. With added flyaways simply because my hair's slightly layered. My poor brother, Dad and dog (not joking) had to deal with me running around going "LOOK WHAT I DID TO MY HAIR ISN'T THIS AWESOME". I regret nothing. It's not exactly the most practical hairstyle ever, (it's a bow and I claim to be an adult some times) but it's still easy and a useful skill just in case.

Secondary style: this one:

Image sourced from Pinterest


Ok, this one I was excited for- a hairstyle that's not a ponytail that I could wear to school? Count me in.

"Easy" office hair results


"Easy" office hair


Back of the "easy" office hair


Results: well, maybe? Not a huuuuge fan of how much the hair tie shows at the back, but I suppose it's cute?
Might give it another go on a future date to see how well it works with a hat.

Any other hair pins I should give a go? Ones that are wearable with a hat would be right at the top of my to-do list. Let me know below!

Catch you next time,
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".