Skip to main content

23 before 23

This is one post that's well overdue- the 23 things I want to do before I turn 23 next year. This is an effort to finally get off my butt and do something!


{music}
1. Complete or be well on the way to achieving my AMus in piano
It's something I've been wanting to do for ages and started it again a few months ago - time to complete it!

2. Pass my 3rd grade theory exam
I started this in... grade five I think? It's about time I finished it...

3. Learn Chopin's Nocturne in E major
It's so pretty!

4. Compile a folder of music appropriate for wedding / restaurant work
This is something I've always wanted to do- play in the corner of a fancy restaurant in a pretty dress... So if anyone has any suggestions that could go into this folder, let me know please?

{craft}
5. Complete a 30 day photography project
30 days is reasonable, right? I can totally do this! It's about time I completed something like this

6. Actually design and complete a cosplay costume
I keep saying I want to cosplay as this, this and this and I'm yet to do it.
This time I'm thinking Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones. Love this dress! (Helps that it's less... booby... than her other dresses)

7. Finish my bobble blanket
Reasonable, right?

8. Design and make an item of clothing
I like designing, but my designs always stay in my sketchbook. It's about time I sewed one up!

9. Design and post a pattern
I've always wanted to try, but have been too chicken...

{travel}
10. Take a holiday somewhere
Anywhere! For like a weekend or something. I haven't really been on a proper holiday for like 2 years so it's about time...

11. Play tourist in Brisbane and document the adventures
There's so little in my city which I've actually seen / done- it's about time!

Queensland. Gorgeous beaches, gorgeous weather. I don't go to the beach enough...

{food and fitness}
Bridge to Brisbane's coming up soon, so I'm going to run in that!
Completed 1st September, 2013

14. Learn how to eat with chopsticks
My boyfriend's insanely good at eating with these, so it seems like a skill I'm missing out on, haha.

15. Go horse riding
It's been years and I used to adore it- it's time to try again

16. Learn 5 new dinner recipes
Cooking sweet things - I'm proficient at. Cooking savory dishes however...

17. Learn how to bake bread.
Bread = awesome.

{do}
18. Graduate university
It's about damn time!

See above comment.

Last year, I read Pride and Predjuice. (And hated it) May as well give a couple more a go - any good recommendations?

21. Spend more time with my friends
And not choose sleeping / staying home in favor of going out.

I love a good red lip- mission accepted to find that perfect shade

23. Blog once a week
That's doable, right? Especially if I plan ahead.


I'll keep you posted as to how I go with this list!
Catch you next time,
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…