Skip to main content

The Pintester Movement - Newspaper Nails

Just before I begin with today's post, since Google Reader shut down on Monday, I just wanted to quickly mention that if you want to follow this blog in another way everything (...that I could think of, anyway, haha) is all to your right in the sidebar!

The Pintester Movement is all about testing the pins that Sonja Faust (the writer of Pintester.com) has tested and then you going and testing one of those pins. Conveniently, she'd pintested one of the pins that has been sitting on my boards for ages - newspaper nails.

Only issue with this is, I'm reasonably sure I don't have a newspaper- I avoid public transport at peak hour (so no mX's for me) and to get a paper delivery we have to pay. Since my family doesn't read the paper... Hm, this is an issue. Thank you junk mail - my nails will now be covered in office supply information.

Image from Pintester
Now, the instructions say for a nude coloured polish, but since I don't have one, a cute mint one had to do.

Newspaper mani polish

Waited for it to dry and cut up pieces of my very exciting office supplies catalog. Dunked my paper into the vodka and stuck it to my nails. Turns out if I left the paper a little longer on my nails it left a better impression. Also just because I'm a uni student doesn't mean I'm drinking during the day.

Mostly because I'm a lightweight.

But that's beside the point.

Newspaper mani paper


Newspaper mani


Would I do this manicure again? (ignoring the fact that I haven't tidied up my nails here) Probably, it's kind of cute, though I might try a patterned piece of paper or smaller print next time though. Or have a vodka-based drink with it.

Various stuff which you should know before I go:
Original pin is from Beauty and Lace
Post from the Pintester
All about the Pintester Movement! (So you can join in too! There's still quite a number of days left!)

Anyway, I'll catch you next time!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Oh wow-- yours turned out LOTS better than mine! Congrats! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! You inspired me to want to try this... dang everyone's pin-tests are working better than mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although yours definitely came with a better story :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! The green was the best pressie I got from one of my students, haha

      Delete
  4. I'm so impressed. I see this all over Pinterest but I never really believed it would turn out nicely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene :D I was just as skeptical too lol, which is why I couldn't resist trying them haha

      Delete
  5. Oh wow it actually worked! awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so surprised too! :D Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. I'm going to have to do this one. Maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its pretty on the mint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is impressive! I have never seen this manicure come out this well. When I tried it, it was just a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Office supply catalog. Genius! ~Ethne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool! If I didn't gnaw my fingernails down to nothing I'd give this one a try. Maybe toenails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing, so I was hoping that putting effort into doing my nails would stop me, haha. It did! :P

      Delete
  11. I might actually get around to trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes, yours actually looks nice! I wonder if it would work with books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh and you could do themed nails for Catching Fire / The Hobbit! ...Yep, this will be tested soon :D

      Delete
  13. These are indeed cute! Way better than my attempt. You should use one of your own papers from school the next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that! ...yep, definitely going to print off a second copy of my next assignment and do that lol

      Delete
  14. Oh these are cute! I may have to try these! Two glasses of vodka please :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look great! WAY prettier than mine! Definitely something my nail obsessed daughter will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks super great! Now I want to try this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think using a not newspaper/nude colored polish makes the nails look much more unique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I do read and reply to comments! So feel free to ask questions if you want and I'll get back to you ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".