Skip to main content

Quiet! Students Working

One Saturday night a few weekends ago, something strange happened.

Quiet Critters #2

Little, fluffy critters started appearing on my desk. I watched them appearing, but they started to disappear when my cat came up and started meow'ing at them. So I spent this weekend taming them so I could bring them into class for you today. Now remember, when they come out you all have to be really, really quiet. Otherwise they start to disappear.

Quiet Critters #3

Thank you, Pinterest. While on my prac, I quickly put these together for my year 1 class- to keep them (...in theory) quiet while they did their handwriting. They absolutely loved them! The hardest part was to get them (the year 1's) not to play with them instead of doing their work, or to believe for a few minutes that they were little critters (or aliens) which appeared on my desk rather than pom-poms with eyes.

Quiet Critters #1

They're simply made of pompoms (1" diameter, if I remember rightly), little pre-cut foam hearts and googely eyes (6mm). Putting together a set of 30 was reasonably cheap (around $10) and quick to assemble - having the pre-cut foam hearts did make it so much easier, though it does mean I have a good 220 to use...

Quiet Critter Tube

Turns out finding a cute storage container was harder than I thought - it couldn't be a boring, rectangular Tupperware container, and it also had to be plastic (small children and all). A good friend of mine spotted this one while we were at Target and it's perfect. Of course I had to decorate it a little bit.

I'm definitely looking forward to using my critters in another classroom soon!
See you soon!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".