Skip to main content

Excess Easter Eggs 2: Raspberry / Chocolate Brioche

Hey!  I baked with yeast for the first time today.

Yes, I'm overly excited, and yes, I used a chocolate bunny.

I'll admit it, it took me a lot longer to find this recipe than I thought it should - it was one of those recipes that I knew I'd seen somewhere but could not for the life of me find again.

Easter bunny Raspberry Brioche

So after Pinterest exploring, on a whim I found the recipe.  It's from SortedFood, and the video actually made it easier, so I knew what to expect (considering this was the first time I had used yeast and really didn't know what to expect) at each of the stages.  One thing that was mentioned but I didn't take (overly) seriously - just how sticky the mixture was.  I mean, I floured the bench, I floured my fingers and hands, but it still stuck everywhere.

Easter bunny raspberry brioche


Rather than using dried apricots and chocolate chips as mentioned in the recipe (click the link above!), I destroyed an innocent Easter bunny (or not so innocent, the damn thing was made out of seriously cheap chocolate, and since I ate the leftovers I haven't been feeling well...  I'm alright now though!) and located some frozen raspberries in the freezer.

Added ingredients :)


One thing I did forget, was to do an egg wash over the top of the brioche.  But it turned out brown enough, and all in all, it looks pretty.  Pity I actually don't like how it tastes, haha, but my Mum loves it.

Un-eggwashed easter bunny raspberry brioche


One thing I know for sure, I will definitely be baking with yeast again, it's so much fun!
See you Tuesday!
Photobucket
 P.S. Tried another piece, heated up in the microwave. It's delicious hot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".