Skip to main content

Magnets and Makeup and Glitter- oh my!

A good year ago, I pinned this cute magnetic makeup board.  Seriously though, that thing is adorable.  As a person who every few months goes "huh. I forgot I had this" with her makeup, this is a fantastic idea.  Though finding a frame was harder than I thought.  So when I found a pair of 8"x10" frames which were missing both their wooden back and glass...

My dresser with both frames


The "before" shot
Aaaand the obligatory "before" shot


I elected to do two different frames, one with a little flower and the other with glitter stripes down the sides. Mainly because my diagonal stripes worked so nicely on one frame, and I couldn't be bothered to go and see if we had any more masking tape so I figured I could do it freehand...

Flower frame

Glittered side of the flower frame


Yep, I spray painted a flower from the bunch I bought for my melted crayon canvas.

Striped frame


Glittered side of the striped frame


Rather than covering the metal with fabric, I just wanted it all to be plain silver - mainly because my bedroom wall is purple and I don't have any fabric on hand which would match.

The original pin
My dresser with both frames
The Tini-version


All in all, I love this idea.  Partially because it's adorable but mostly because I know what makeup I actually have now...

See you Tuesday!
Photobucket

P.S.: just so we're clear, I'm not sponsored by any of the brands you see in my photos.  I figured this was worth a mention just in case =P
P.P.S: does anyone have any more ideas for ways to use glitter?  I still have over half a jar of that silver glitter to use up...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…