Skip to main content

You know you love me!

Happy day-after-Valentines day!  Or "singles awareness day".  Whatever you want to call it, today's the day we get cheap chocolate and I get to show you how I wrapped my boyfriend's gift this year.

This year we both agreed on small gifts, so what I got him was a copy of the movie we saw on our first date (twas Eagle Eye).  For a movie which came out ages ago, it was (thankfully) easy to find.

The first thing I did was trawl Pinterest for a good idea.

Valentines card and wrapped pressie


The ideas that I really loved were the ones with the vintage looking papers with gorgeous coordinating ribbon.  I initially went back to the site where I found the vintage-esque scrapbooking paper (for my uni books, here and here) but after downloading two packs I had a better idea.  It involved a photo editing program, a cute font, a quote and a digital copy of Pride and Prejudice.

"My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

 What I did was I got the digital copy of Pride and Prejudice, found the quote (ahh ctrl+f, how I love you), and then copy-pasted it into GIMP in a cute (and reasonably sized) font.  I ended up using two whole chapters in this endeavor, as it turns out you need two A4 pages to wrap a DVD.  Using GIMP, I found the quote, highlighted and printed.

The original pin
Valentines wrapping
My wrapped pressie!


Now, onto my card!

The card itself isn't pin-spired, and was simply a piece of ribbon and a red silk heart, all stuck together with a glue stick.  Easy enough.  Conveniently, I remembered seeing a tutorial on "fake calligraphy" which I found and used on the envelope.  Which, by the way, was also surprisingly easy.

The original pin
Valentines day card
My attempt!


All in all, he loved the present and I had a fantastic valentines day.  How was yours?  Did you get to do anything exciting?

See you Tuesday!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".