Skip to main content

It's (sort of) That Time of Year!

Well, sort of anyway.

All 5 books


There's a lot of pics in this one, so just a heads up before you continue reading!




School's been back in Queensland for a week and other states go back today.  That being said however, I don't go back to uni until the end of this month (so excited!) so this post is... still relevant.  Sort of.  I have a point, I swear.  If there's one thing I like about going back to uni, is getting to decorate my books!  Yep, I still like to have pretty stationary.  This semester, I got to decorate 5 (yay!  I'll be doing this over 2 posts so you don't get completely inundated with pictures), but it turns out deciding on 5 different book covers was harder than anticipated.  Onto the covers!

Oh, before I forget, this is what they looked like before I prettied them up:

The expected "before" pic


The first one I'm showing you, dear reader, is the result of a good idea turned... still cute but not what I was intending.

Woven front cover


Woven covers


The idea for that one was to weave the entire cover, rather than just a portion.  None the less, I still find the weave adorable, especially the colours.  Ahh how I love the printable scrapbooking paper I found...

Close up of the weave


The next cover is possibly my favorite - I absolutely adore the colours and the stripes - it's a little bit vintage whilst being a whole lot adorable.  Those letters are also scrapbooking stickers, by the way, which I found at (believe it or not) Big W.

Striped front cover


Striped covers


The final cover for today, is an experiment.  See, ages ago I found on Pinterest an idea that mixing glitter and modpodge to get glitter that shouldn't fall off...  So what did I do?

This.

Glitter-fied front cover


Glitter-fied covers


I'll let you know how much my bag fills with glitter.

Do you like decorating your stationary too, or are you more of a "whatever's there that fits the bill" kind of person, or something different?

See you Friday!
Photobucket

Note (21st March, 2013): Guys, the glitter book is a terrible idea.  Don't do it.  There is glitter everywhere...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…