Skip to main content

Summery Floral Shorts

Today brings us to the first Pin-spired Friday!  Today's (and Fridays in general) are the days where I finally start doing crafts and things from my Pinterest boards.  About time, too.

Shorts front
Turns out this "modelling" business is kinda hard...

When I saw this pattern on Pinterest I knew I had to make it - especially since it covers all of the things which I look for in a pair of shorts; something which is long enough  and high enough to cover my ass (have you seen the shorts they sell here in Aus?  They're so tiny.  Even when you go up 2 sizes (no joke)).  Which apparently is an impossible task.  Conveniently, I happened to have some spare floral fabric which I love to make the the shorts with.

Shorts back!


Getting the pattern was an annoying task in itself - searching through patterns when tired and hungry was... annoying.  That being said, however, it was worth it.  I cannot recommend this pattern enough.  It was easy to follow the instructions and wasn't rip-my-hair-out frustrating to put together.

Cute buttons =3


Also, how adorable are these buttons?  I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them and knew they'd be perfect for this project!

The pic from Pinterest

Shorts front #2
And these are mine!


Can't wait to wear these shorts out!

I did learn my lesson when making these though - it's always easier to make smaller, but not so easy to make bigger...  What about you?  Have you learnt any crafty lessons lately?

See you Tuesday!
Photobucket

PS: pattern is Kwik Sew 3854

Comments

  1. Love the shorts! You did a great job! We have the same problem purchasing shorts here in the States. I wonder if I could make some for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice to know that it's not just Aus with that shorts problem lol. I can't recommend the pattern enough, it's so easy! I may be making 2 more pairs soon, haha

      Delete
  2. These buttons are beautiful!

    The shorts too of course :) I love floral fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shorts look great. I love your fabric choice and the buttons. I think I have this pattern in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, those look so good! Heh, I totally understand the awkwardness of trying to model for the camera, I usually find like one picture out of 50 where I don't look like a complete idiot :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I do read and reply to comments! So feel free to ask questions if you want and I'll get back to you ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".