Skip to main content

Here, there be dragons

Let's be honest here.  This is probably one of the hardest Pinspired Friday posts I have planned.

Why?

First off, finding a quote for this pin was harder than I thought it would be.  I thought of song after song I liked, but I couldn't think of one special enough to write on this scarf.  I mean, there's songs I like now, but whether I would like them in the future or whether they were clean (you know what I mean) enough that I could wear the scarf to school...

Complements of the boxing day sales, finding a scarf wasn't hard at all.

Finding permanent fabric pens, however, was hard!  The original pin recommends this Tee-paint-stuff, but being in Australia and not wanting to purchase them online... made finding the fabric pens so much harder.  I ended up finding a pack of four Sharpie fabric pens on sale! (Sharpie!  Who knew they did permanent fabric pens!)

Personalised Scarf Quote

I was given this quote by one of my lecturers in my second year of uni (in my favorite subject ever, might I add):

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton.

Since then, I've loved the quote, and thought it'd be perfect for my scarf.  Granted, it took me looking at the quotes section of my Facebook page to find it, but none the less.

Close up of the weave

Turns out, the scarf I bought was huge (looking back at the page I bought it from says it's 236cm x 65cm which I didn't realise when I bought it...) with a seriously open weave which was a pain to write on, but it's still cute, none the less.

Close up of the knot

That's what it looks like all tied up.  I had intentions to actually wear it to show you, but...  it's too hot to wear a scarf right now!

The text is super subtle when it's tied up, but I still love it!

The original pin
Tied!
This is mine!

I definitely can't wait to wear this!  Oh, and in case you're interested, this is the scarf I bought for this project!

See you on Tuesday!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".