Skip to main content

What do you do with a collapsed cupcake...?

If you conveniently get the reference in today's title (it's "subtle"), then kudos!

Today, I decided to make cupcakes.  I was actually intending to make Dr Pepper cupcakes (which I actually did, but that's a story for next week), so I went looking for a normal chocolate cupcake recipe.  In one of my cookbooks.  Simply because I don't use them as much as I'd like, really.  After I made these cupcakes, I pulled them out of the oven t o discover...

Failbrowniecupcakes
...You have no idea how hard these were to pull out of the wrapper...

Yeah.  The chocolate brownie cupcakes collapsed while they were cooking.  Funnily enough, the Dr Pepper ones (which were in the same tray) didn't.  But moving on.

Remember the granitas I made a while back?  In this case, I located the coffee granita one and filled my cupcake with it.  It ended up looking like this:

Chocolate brownie cupcake with coffee


It.  Was.  Delicious.  Also made getting the bowlcupcake out of the wrapper so much easier.  Mm, tasty.

I got the recipe from this book!

500 Cupcakes and Muffins cook book =3
Yes, the boar has a tiara on it.  It was from my 21st and  I couldn't bear to toss it, so the boar got it.


Figured photographing the book with some soft toys would be infinitely cooler than just telling you the title.  It's an alright book, there are a lot of recipes in there, but I think this is the first thing I've actually made from this book.

Until next time,

Comments

  1. That was a smart idea! My baking often looks less than perfect, but taste is all that matters.

    I am your newest follower from the Network Blog Hop!
    Lisa
    akawest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cupcakes always turn out like that. LOL! That is a great idea though. Thanks!

    Stopping by from Thee Networking Blog Hop! Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;) Also hosting Mom's Monday Mingle later tonight. Love for you to link up.

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! I'm a new follower from Thee Networking Blog Hop, and I'd love a follow back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one! Mm a dr. Pepper cupcake hmm, that sounds yummy too! I made some pink lemonaid cupcakes a few weeks ago. I'm stopping by from the network blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I do read and reply to comments! So feel free to ask questions if you want and I'll get back to you ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…