Skip to main content

Gotta have those books...

Ok, I'm officially addicted.

I love covering books.

Whether it's because it's fabulous having something unique that I made, or because exercise books that don't have a plastic cover are 90c a piece and I have all the materials at home to decorate it, or because I like pretty things or even because it's cheap, I'm not sure.  Either way, it's fun and I have pretty books this semester (which, I'd like to add, 2 weeks in are actually being used!)

This was the book that started my covering:

Book 1!


(I've smudged out my surname and the subjects I'm taking!)

Then I remembered that I'd saved a cute paper bag (which a dress from Ruche was sent to me in and I didn't have the heart to toss) which I was saving for such an occasion.

Book 2!


That ribbon on the front was a little tricky to put on, but a little bit (2 coats) of homemade mod podge (I think the recipe was 1/2 water and 1/2 PVA glue?  It's been a little while since I made it) fixed that!  Oh, I did coat all 3 of my books in that, it made them super shiny, stuck the ribbon down a little bit more, and hopefully they're a little bit more durable now.

Finally, there's this one:

Book 3!




I wanted to make this one different from the first one, but I did love the double stripes.  This one's more girly, but I think it's my favorite.


Loving my books =D


That's all 3!  Hopefully I keep studying hard this semester, so they get used and as an experiment to see how durable they actually are.

As always,
Until next time,


Shared at:
{wow me} wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
We did it! wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
Sew Darn Crafty @ Sew Many Ways

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".