Skip to main content

A Summer-y tank top dress...

...at the start of an Aussie Winter.  I've actually had this dress made for a few weeks, but since it's been rather cold I haven't had an opportunity to put it on and photograph it (while not freezing!).  Thankfully the other day was just warm enough to wear it (then rug up and sit in the sun).

I've used this fabric before, but since I'm pretty sure I haven't shown you, dear reader, just how nice it actually is in real life,  here's a closeup of it, before I get to the dress!

My fave floral fabric!


It's another Red Velvet DIY Dressup course pattern, which got me to practice my utter weakness - gathering.  I hate gathering, it's such a pain to me, but I guess it was a good thing to get some practice in, haha.  That brings me to the dress!

First off, the dress as is, without accessories!  Apologies for the fluffy hair, I'm pretty sure that night I dried my hair in a plait.  (It also didn't occur to me to tie it up before the photo...)


Tank top dress without belt

Mildly cute, right?  That brings me to the next picture...

Tank top dress with a cute belt!


With a belt, it's so adorable!  Adorable and so very comfy.  I'm really looking forward to Summer to actually wear it!!  I'm also thinking of using the pattern again to make a more Winter-ised version of this dress!

So until next time,

Shared at...

Comments

  1. Very cute! the belt does look quite nice with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. The belt complete it. The red leggings look great with it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =) I figured the red leggings would hide my so very pale winter legs lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

I do read and reply to comments! So feel free to ask questions if you want and I'll get back to you ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…