Skip to main content

Cupcakes, flowers and diary covers

It's no secret.  I.  Love.  Cupcakes.  They can be both super fancy and utterly dainty whilst being totally adorable.  So it's kind of obvious that I like to embroider them too.

I first did this embroidery for, believe it or not, part of a uni project last year.  Each week we tested out a different computer program which we could use in our future classrooms, created something, then submitted it as a part of a portfolio at the end of the semester.  I was running behind creating it, and that one week I needed to create something similar to a .gif - so I located a cute little cupcake pattern (from Wild Olive) and quickly stitched it up (photographing after each colour, of course) as a "vanilla cupcake with mint icing and chocolate sprinkles".  Here's what I ended up with:


video

Not great I know, but it brings me closer to my project.

When I can't sleep, I clean my room.  Recently, I did just that - some 2am cleaning of my craft station thingy, and found this cute embroidery.  Got bored a few nights later, and made myself a cute diary cover.


To be totally honest, I used the bright green for two simple reasons: I have a lot of the fabric and it's ...not what I'd ever usually use, and because of the bright green fabric I'll easily be able to find it.

Why did I want a diary cover?  Well, I don't understand the idea of having the words "good", "stationary" and "diary" written across the left hand side of the front cover.  That and the little ribbon kept falling out.  Now it has a cute little green polka dot one!


With useful pockets, of course.


Plus my cute little cupcake making it oh so much more awesome.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  It was super easy to make too, one piece for the cover, cut another the same size then cut it in half to get the inside flaps.  If you want pockets like I have, cut another piece the same size as one of the inside flaps.  Sew altogether and you're all done.  I hope that makes some sense!  I might do up a tutorial sometime.



As always, 
Until next time,



Shown off at...
We Did It Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
Wow me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".