Skip to main content

Kind-of Samosas and Salad!

 A few years ago, I found this recipe for samosas, it seemed the simplest thing to make, so needless to say, I made them the night I found the recipe.  Cut to recently, and Mum and I had just come back from a girls afternoon out (aka a shopping trip), and we both wanted a simple dinner (which was not fast food).

So I made samosas.  Granted, I'm not sure if I should be calling them samosas, for the sole reason I rolled them up, rather than folding them into triangles.


It was totally delicious served with a salad, granted my salad wasn't fabulous, but it was pretty tasty none the less.


That's what was left after my family took a few, I think I made about 14 total?

I can't remember where I got the recipe from...

You need...
500g beef mince
1 can of vegetable soup
3 sheets of puff pastry

1. Fry the mince until it's browned.  Add the soup and stir until totally combined.
2. Cut the puff pastry into quarters, and (this worked for mine) place a spoonful of mince / soup mixture onto the centre of puff pastry quarter.  Fold or roll the pastry to fully enclose the mince mixture.  Brush the samosas with egg, using a fork to press down the edges.  (optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds.  Tastes so much better with sesame seeds!)
3. Cook for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.

---

Yay salad!  I know salad isn't really interesting, but here's what I put in mine.

Lettuce (I used iceberg)
1/2 a tomato (only half my family likes tomato and the one I found was huge)
1 carrot
1/4 of a cucumber
Cheese!
A few of my puff pastry pieces!


In my house, puff pastry tends to lie around in the freezer for months on end, until everyone has forgotten when it went in.
So I invented my puff pastry bites.

Get puff pastry, brush with egg.  I used a garlic mash thing (which I can't remember what it was called), and sprinkled it with hot chilli flakes.  Then baked them for 10 minutes, until they looked like this:


They were super tasty.

Simple and delicious.


Turns out, it's also really good cold, in my opinion.

Until next time,



PS: I'm also participating in an A-Z book challenge!  Check it out, it's pretty fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".