Skip to main content

A book and macaroons and sketches, oh my!

I adore making my books look prettier.  This initially started all the way back in February when I made a "cosplay diary" (which is yet to be used... heh), and I was really looking forward to making another.  This one was inspired by A Beautiful Mess post from ages ago (which I can't find...).

It was all about an inspiration book - something to sketch / write stuff down in.  So I bought a sketch book.  It was a plain old boring black A5 sketch book - really dull.  I'd just gotten Wild Olive's Sweet Treats embroidery pattern, and the stack of macaroons pattern was just so adorable!  And exactly what I wanted.


The top stitching was a convenient cuteness to hide my really wonky cutting.  Seriously though, how adorable are those macaroons!


See, adorable!!  I have to say, this is possibly my favorite way to decorate a book now, it was so easy to do  (measured the height of my book, doubled it and added 2cm (which wasn't quite enough, but it still worked)) as well!


That's the inside of the book!  I totally looked up my sewing machine's manual to find that stitch.  Which works surprisingly well, I was impressed.

Until next time
-C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".