Skip to main content

Before and After, Red to Floral

I found this adorable little coin purse ages ago now, while clearing out my sewing drawerss (I have a few drawers where all my fabrics and things go).  It had a really cute little necklace in it, which I've worn a few times, but I think the real score was this purse.


It's useful and all, considering my wallet isn't exactly coin friendly.


In all honesty, it could be so cute.  I love the adorable gold clasps at the top, and the fact that it's pretty sturdy for being questionably old.


Since I made some homemade ModPodge yesterday, I decided to knuckle down and do something awesome - cover it in my favorite fabric.  You know, the adorable scraps of fabric that hang around because they're big enough to be useful but small enough to be practically useless to most projects.


Now it looks so adorable!  I'm actually really happy with how it turned out!  Especially since I conveniently had some gold ribbon which looks cute with it.


...Ok, so the ribbon was because I cut the fabric a little too low.  It still totally makes my coin purse look even cooler.


I couldn't figure out how to cover up the red bits near the clasp, I tried to get the ribbon to curve around but it didn't quite work.  Pretty sure it's not too noticeable unless you're looking...





How adorable is that clasp? It's still shiny, sturdy and just wicked-cool looking.


And above is the requisite before / after shots!

Until next time,
-C


Posted to:

Comments

Post a Comment

I do read and reply to comments! So feel free to ask questions if you want and I'll get back to you ^^

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…