Skip to main content

10 Points to Gryffindor

Initially, I intended to make this scarf for the Deathly Hallows Part 2 screening I went to with my friends.  But, considering I'm a very distract-able person, it never ended up happening.  When I felt like finishing it the other day, I took advantage of that motivation, and started working on it.


So here it is, my completed Gryffindor scarf!  I did want to do Hufflepuff instead of Gryffindor, but I couldn't find black polar fleece... /sigh.  I'm actually quite proud of it, it's really warm and snuggly.  It's made out of strips (yeah.  No joke here.) of polar fleece, sewn together with "straight" stitching.  After all of that, I still can't stitch straight...


It was a pain to put together, all these teenie tiny little strips of fabric needing to be sewn together, but I'm actually pretty impressed with how it turned out - annoying to construct or not.


So if you were going to make one like I did, my strips were around 2x10cm for the skinny stripes, and 10x10 for the larger colour blocks.  If I find my actual measurements, I'll be sure to post them up if / when I find them.

Oh!  It ended up being around 170cm, which is a pretty good length for a scarf, in my opinion.

--

My WIP for this week (yep, I have a WIP, I've been stitching =3), is


Still got a lot of stitching to go, I'll tell what it is when I get closer to finishing, kudos if you can guess what it is before then.  Hehe.

Until next time,
-C

Edit (04/11/11): Ah ha!  I found my "pattern" (aka pretty coloured diagram...apologies for the dodgy photo, it's 1:30am =P)


So I used blocks of colour, one 7cm (2.8 inches, apparently) large colour block, and three 1.5cm (0.6 inches) for the smaller strips.  Ssh, I know the right hand says red and black instead of gold, I have no idea what I was thinking... Hehe.  The minimum at Spotlight was 10cm (3.9inches), and I believe I got 20cm (7.9in) x whatever length the fabric was.  I did end up with heaps of yellow spare.

Before I forget, I sewed as close as possible to the join, so I don't have a measurement for that...

Anyway,
Good... night?
-C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".