Skip to main content

5 Things Sunday =D

1.  Reading fiction books and passing it off as coursework.
No joke, I have a subject called Teaching Adolescent Literature, and we read (and analyse, of course) excerpts and novels as a part of the coursework!  I'm currently working my way through Robert Cormier's The Chocolate War (which I'm not a fan of so far, I think it's too... adolescent male-ly for me), and I have Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson lined up next.

2. Being a red-head
It's been something I've been meaning to do for a while, dye my hair red again.  I'm naturally a brunette with fairly dark hair, so going for a bright red was a bit of a shock but it looks pretty awesome I think =D


3.  Half. Price. Fabric. Sales.
That's right.  Half price.  Yesterday I traipsed all the way into the city to go to Lincraft to get me some half price fabric =3.  I had a giant list of fabric I wanted, for an evening gown + practice fabric, a sundress, a bustier and a maxi skirt.   Didn't quite turn out like that, but I'll get to that =P


That's the giant bag I lugged my stash about the city in, ahh how I regret not taking a backpack...




And that, dear reader, is my stash.  I ended up only getting two lots of cotton drill (on the left) to practice on for my evening gown, and on the right, is the good stuff - white chiffon and black shantung.  Annoyingly enough, the 2 lots of cotton cost more than the shantung...  /sigh.  Lincraft turned out to sell mostly 115cm width fabric, which made my job a lot more expensive than I first planned, so I got nowhere near the amount that I wanted...  Ahh well.  I look forward to making other stuff soon!

4. My Kitty Cat
I wish I had a photo of him on this computer, (or he was around to be photographed) he's so cute. His name is Jesse, and he's a ginger moggie!  He lives on my bed at night, which I think is fair enough, 'cause he's getting older now, and it's pretty cold at night.

Edit: He made himself at home on my blanket, so I thought I'd grab a photo because he looked just so adorable!
 

5. Train trips
Alright, give me 2 more weeks and I'll be regretting that =P  But for now, it's great to be reading / thinking / whatever on the train to get into uni.

I'll be setting up a post to hopefully post itself on Wednesday (that, and I think it'd be cool to have a post go up while I'm in class... hehe.), 'cause things are starting to get busy already!  So I hope it works... lol.

Until next time,
-C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…