Skip to main content

Halloween Costume... 2010.

So last Halloween was the second time in my entire life that I actually did something for it.  I've never been trick or treating, and I've been to one party.  Last year, however, my piano teacher asked if I wanted to perform in the concert she was organising - she hadn't had a concert in ages and Halloween seemed like the best excuse.  Only catch was...  You needed to be in costume.  Now costumes in a hurry are not my forte.   Good thing was, I was performing in a group (as well as a solo) as well, and we were playing Michael Jackson's Thriller - so everyone was planned to come in something Thriller themed.

Pierre the poodle!


Because of this, I got to spend a day in the company of possibly the most amazing and talented person on this planet - my grandmother.  She's taught me a tonne about sewing and is an awesome machine embroiderer, not to mention just plain fantastic to be around.  So when I asked for help making a poodle skirt for the concert, she was all for it, and an awesome afternoon of sewing ensued.

The full skirt




I love the fabric I got, it was one of those things which you see and you know it's perfect.  I was really doubtful though, it's really heavy, so it didn't seem like a dancing skirt to me.  It turned out pretty well in my opinion!  What I love about it is that it's a circle skirt (thank you, 50's) which made it a little easier to make...

Zips are not my friend... Grr! =P


How awesome is that button?!?  I love it!




The above two photos are of Pierre the poodle (Pierre is a cool name!), whom my grandma embroidered!  What I think is awesome is that all of it was freehand!


The ex-bedsheet petticoat!  It had to have ruffles, of course, what petticoat would be complete without them?

 I wish I took a photo of my completed outfit, I would've loved to show it off, hehe.

Until next time,
-C!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pattern: No Navi!

It's been a while...  Life's been pretty hectic around here, finally 3/4 way through my prac, so hopefully I can get more pattern making / stitching sometime...  For now, here's a small pattern inspired by this demotivational poster:

(As always, click for full view)

No Navi!
My No Navi! Pattern!
Until next time, -C

23 before 23: 6 month update!

Back in August I posted about 23 things that I wanted to achieve before I hit 23 next year (read about it here). Since we're at the 6 month mark, I thought an update was in store!



Writing this post and reading over my list I'm realising how much I've got to achieve - school holidays now, time to get busy! So far I've achieved...

12. Spend a day at the beach
Check! Was a gorgeous day and both myself and my boyfriend came back without being completely roasted. Considering how pale we both are, that was a surprise.



19. Find a signature makeup look
It only occurred to me the other day that I'd done this - I <3 my winged liner and bright lip.

20. Read 2 "classic" novels
Done and done!
Clearly I've gotten lazy with my book reviewing, haha. I've since read The Great Gatsby, Little Women and am currently marathoning my way through Anna Karenina.

I've noticed it just seems like I'm not a Jane Austen fan but have enjoyed all of the others that I've re…

Pichu Cross Stitch

My first cross stitch creation, created with KG-Chart LE.  It's a Pichu (from Pokemon), and I'm hoping to continue with this Pokemon theme through other cross stitches.  If I get around to this, I'll post a picture when I'm done =)
Size : 15.6cm x 22.67cm Colours Used (DMC) : 310   (black) 973   (yellow) 3832 (pink)
To save, left click on the image, that'll bring up the full sized picture, right click on it then and select "save picture as".